Content creator and philanthropist Mitchell Mukoro, popularly known as King Mitchy, has issued a public apology following weeks of controversy surrounding her online conduct.
In a video shared on her Instagram page on Thursday, the influencer apologised to several individuals and the public, including Seyi Tinubu, activist Martins Otse, also known as VeryDarkMan (VDM), and the Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi.
Speaking in the video, King Mitchy acknowledged wrongdoing and expressed regret over her actions during a recent live broadcast in which she was seen consuming a substance.
“I’m ready to be held accountable for my actions. For some days I’ve thought about my behaviour and I know that I was wrong and I want to be held accountable,” she said.
She admitted that her behaviour had disappointed many people, particularly young followers who look up to her.
“For the substance I took on live video, that was very wrong of me because there are young girls that are looking up to be me one day and I know I disappointed a lot of people,” she added.
Addressing Seyi Tinubu, the influencer said she had already apologised privately but wanted to do so publicly as well.
“And my boss ST (Seyi Tinubu), I’m so sorry. I know I apologised privately but I did not disrespect you privately, I disrespected you publicly so I want to apologise publicly. I’m so sorry, sir,” she said, adding that she would not take his support for granted.
King Mitchy also apologised to the Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi while kneeling in the video, expressing regret for mentioning the monarch’s name during the dispute.
“I’m so sorry, sir. I’m so sorry for bringing your name into this,” she said.
She further extended an apology to activist Martins Otse, whom she described as a brother, saying she had gained a better understanding of his advocacy.
“You’re fighting for Nigerians and we can make Nigeria a better place and I’m sorry for coming at you like that,” she said, adding that he needed supporters rather than opposition.
The controversy began in late February after King Mitchy announced she had renovated a dilapidated school within six days, arguing that meaningful change could happen quickly with genuine commitment.
Her remarks were widely interpreted online as indirect criticism of VeryDarkMan, who later accused her of being used as a political tool to promote the image of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s administration.
The dispute escalated when King Mitchy shared what she described as a private social media conversation with the Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, claiming the monarch had contacted her. The post sparked backlash from social media users who criticised her for allegedly disrespecting the traditional ruler.
Tensions grew further after VeryDarkMan alleged that Seyi Tinubu was funding the influencer’s charitable initiatives. King Mitchy later said the backlash led to the loss of her business Instagram account.
The situation took a dramatic turn during a live video session in which the influencer, appearing distressed, was seen consuming a substance believed to be bleach, prompting alarm among viewers.
Her management initially announced her death in a statement on her Instagram page, claiming she had died at Prime Care Hospital in Abuja after attempts to revive her failed. However, the statement was later withdrawn, with the management clarifying that she was alive and recovering.
Before the correction was issued, the hospital had denied the claim, stating that the influencer had neither been admitted to nor died at the facility.
Earlier, Seyi Tinubu had also issued a statement distancing himself from the dispute between King Mitchy and Martins Otse.
