The Donald Trump administration says the United States has deported more than three million undocumented migrants since the president returned to office, while claiming the country has gone 15 consecutive months without releasing illegal migrants into the country.
The claims were contained in a fact sheet published on the White House website on Wednesday, highlighting what the administration described as efforts to overhaul the US immigration system, strengthen border security and prioritise American citizens.
“President Trump has delivered on his promise to fix the immigration system, prioritize American citizens, and protect U.S. citizenship,” the White House said.
According to the administration, Trump moved quickly after returning to office, signing an executive order during his first week declaring a crisis at the southern border and ordering measures aimed at reversing what it called the Biden administration’s “record-shattering illegal immigration.”
“For 15 straight months, no illegal aliens have been released into the country,” the White House said.
It added that more than three million undocumented migrants had been deported, including thousands of people convicted of violent crimes.
The administration also said it had intensified efforts to revoke citizenship obtained fraudulently. It described the initiative as a “denaturalization surge” and said legal claims had been filed against 88 people who had obtained US citizenship but were allegedly ineligible.
The White House further claimed that more than 1.4 million undocumented migrants had been removed from taxpayer-funded benefits after allegedly receiving public assistance improperly. It said the administration had also barred undocumented migrants from more than a dozen taxpayer-funded healthcare programmes.
On visa policy, the administration said it had strengthened screening procedures and temporarily paused visa processing for citizens of 75 countries it classified as high-risk.
The White House said the measures were intended to strengthen homeland security and reduce visa overstays.
The administration also claimed it had taken steps to remove tens of thousands of undocumented migrants from voter rolls in several states, arguing that voting in US elections should be limited to American citizens.
In addition, it said the citizenship test had been revised to more effectively assess applicants’ knowledge of American history, government and national values, as well as their eligibility for naturalisation.
The White House also highlighted two executive orders signed on August 6, 2026, concerning birth tourism and birthright citizenship. The administration said the measures were intended to clarify which categories of children are eligible for citizenship at birth following the Supreme Court’s ruling in Trump v. Barbara.
The claims form part of the Trump administration’s broader immigration agenda, which has focused on tighter border controls, increased deportations, stricter visa screening and expanded enforcement against people living in the US without legal status.
