
In a shocking turn of events, the embattled Lagos socialite, Balogun Eletu, popularly known as Sam Larry, has finally broken his silence regarding the ongoing controversy surrounding the feud and alleged assault of the late 27-year-old Afrobeat sensation, Ilerioluwa Aloba, widely recognized as Mohbad.
In a statement released on the evening of Friday, September 29th, through his Snapchat account, Sam Larry, who was recently apprehended by law enforcement officials in connection with an ongoing investigation into the circumstances leading to the untimely demise of Mohbad, provided his side of the story.
According to the beleaguered show promoter, the crux of the matter lies in a substantial financial dispute between him and the late singer. Sam Larry claimed that Mohbad owed him a significant sum of money, a debt that remained unpaid despite numerous attempts to settle the issue.
“The late singer owed me money and refused to pay,” Sam Larry asserted in his statement. He further explained that after a protracted series of negotiations and discussions with Mohbad, he ultimately had no choice but to relinquish his claim to the funds, which, as he maintained, he had not received up until the present time.
This revelation sheds new light on the ongoing controversy and legal proceedings surrounding the tragic loss of Mohbad. As investigations continue, both the music industry and the public will undoubtedly be closely following this unfolding saga to ascertain the full extent of the financial dispute and its potential connection to the events leading up to Mohbad’s demise.
The statement reads; “2 years ago, I gave Illeri N2m to preform at my mother’s annual remembrance concert at Ikorodu, he never turned up, so I called him to ask why? He then said he was not feeling well, and when i asked for a refund, he said he lost his phone and money recently when the NDLEA raided his place in the process and since he was lleaving Marlian Records, he is now broke, with no commitment to repay.
“I then left, all for me to later hear that this same boy was having a musical video shoot the next day at a place practically next to my house, so I went there and asked for my money again, we had an argument that lasted 5 mins, even one of his friends insisted he was going to pay the money, up till today one kobo they have not paid me, this was early last year. I have since the moved on.”
Clarifing his whereabouts at the time Mohbad died, Sam Larry stated that he left the country since August to Kenya to seek for talent act for an upcoming show he was organising.
“I travelled to Kenya to find new African act that can perform at my mother’s concert this year. I’ve been away since August 20th till now, i don’t know anything other than what was written in the blogs and press.
I don’t even know where he lives. I don’t know any nurse or doctor or hospital, I don’t know anything about his movement, i don’t have that time,” he said.
He maintained that he did not flee the country and had nothing to do with the singer’s death, as he knew nothing going on with the singer before his sudden demise.
” I have lost a lot of more than that before, you win some, you loose some. This is my story case close. I came here willingly and happily. I known nothing about how the musician death,” he concluded.
