China has confirmed receiving an invitation from the United States to join President Donald Trump’s proposed “Board of Peace,” a body initially conceived to oversee post-war reconstruction efforts in Gaza.
Speaking at a regular media briefing on Tuesday, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Guo Jiakun said Beijing had been formally invited but stopped short of indicating whether China would accept the offer.
“China has received the United States’ invitation,” Guo told reporters, offering no further details on Beijing’s position.
The proposed board, chaired by President Trump, was originally designed to supervise rebuilding efforts in war-ravaged Gaza. However, available details suggest its mandate may extend beyond the Palestinian territory.
Washington has reportedly reached out to several world leaders to serve on the board, including Russian President Vladimir Putin, Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban and Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney.
Guo also used the briefing to comment on broader China–US relations, noting that ties between both countries had remained largely stable over the past year despite ongoing trade tensions.
“Over the past year, China–US relations have experienced ups and downs, but have maintained overall dynamic stability,” he said.
He added that cooperation between the two global powers was mutually beneficial, while confrontation was detrimental to both sides.
